Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Small Victories

My late night workouts keep getting later and later. Last night I didn't get started til after midnight. That was insane. I should definitely not wait that long to work out because I had all kinds of energy after I was done. I was up until 2 am, and Calista woke up at 5:30 for her bottle. Anyone who knows me well knows that I really value my sleep, so I won't be doing that again. Although, if it comes down to choosing sleep or exercise, I'll choose exercise. (At least during this challenge! It's only 90 days, I can totally do that.)

Tonight's workout was a little earlier, but I just got done and it's 11:30 pm. Still later than I would like, but at least I finished it. I still have to shower and clean the living room, so I'm going to be up for a while. I'm okay with it, though, mostly because I destroyed my workout tonight. At about 10:30, I was sitting around yawning and thinking about how comfortable my bed is, which was not a good mindset to be in right before trying to deal with Turbo Fire for an hour. I needed to wake up, badly. I put my headphones on and blasted Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" three times in a row. She says "I'm wide awake" like 50 times in that song, and I figured if I just kept repeating it, maybe I would actually be wide awake. It sounds stupid, I know, but it totally worked. I got all pumped up, and I ended up bringing everything I had to my workout. I was pouring sweat and gasping for air by the time I was done, and my arms are actually still shaking. I love it!

Today was another Friday weigh-in, and I lost 2.6 lbs this week! I was ecstatic this morning when I jumped on the scale. That's the first time I've ever gone out of town for half a week and come back to any kind of weight loss. And more than 2 lbs? Unbelievable. I am so proud of myself. I think the more results I get, the harder I work, which leads to better results the following week. I just have to keep going, and I'll be able to hit every goal. It's awesome.

One more victory today...I got permission to start a fit club at my church! (For those of you who don't know, a fit club is free and is held once a week. We do different Beachbody workouts every week, so my fit club is going to get to experience Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam, P90X, Insanity, and 10 Minute Trainer. I'll add more programs later, but that's a good start.) Anyway, I was so excited when my pastor told me I could do it! I talked to him a couple weeks ago, and he turned me down right away. After talking it over with his wife, he changed his mind, and now I can start setting it up! I think I can help a lot of people with this, so it's really great that I can get started right away.

I should probably wrap this up, since it's coming up on midnight and I still haven't showered or cleaned the living room. I'm going to get all that done, and then I'm going to bed in a great mood, even if it is incredibly late.

No comments:

Post a Comment