Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Late Night

It's 10:45 pm. I just got done with my TurboFire workout for the day. I have to say, I really don't love working out at night. I'm always tired and try to find ways to convince myself that I would be better off just sitting around. The old me would have given up when dinner rolled around and no exercise had happened yet. The new me, though? Yeah, the new me shakes off the tired feeling and presses play.

Tonight's workout was rough, but I did it. I gave it everything I had, I think partly because I was trying to get my mind to stop telling me that it was too late for a workout and partly because I had just put Calista to bed and she was crying in her room. I figured I should probably throw myself into it with all the effort I could muster, just in case I had to stop halfway through and feed her some more. Half a workout with full energy is better than a full workout with no energy, right? Well, whatever, the math on that doesn't matter because she went to sleep after a few minutes, and I got to finish the whole thing. There were a couple of times that I had to take a break because I felt nauseous from working too hard, but after I caught my breath I jumped back in and finished it.

The lesson I learned here is that I should really try to get my workouts done during the day, if at all possible. Today I made the mistake of choosing a nap over exercise, and I almost psyched myself out of doing any working out at all. Good thing the new me has more self discipline!

No comments:

Post a Comment