Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Mild Rant

I had a major realization yesterday - not everyone cares about what I'm doing with my life. I know, I know, the world doesn't revolve around me. I've known that for a long time. But what I actually realized yesterday was that some people who are close to me just don't care. They have no interest in hearing about how excited I am to be losing weight, and they couldn't care less about me becoming a coach and starting my own fit club. My life is heading in an exciting direction, and that means it's also heading away from negativity and nay-sayers. Normally it would really bother me that people I care so deeply about would be so disinterested in what I'm doing. I would obsess about it until the point of misery. Yesterday, when I realized what was happening, I was briefly sad and then decided to move on. I can't let myself get bogged down by the negative attitudes around me. There is always going to be someone telling me I can't do this. Or, maybe even worse, there's always going to be someone who just blocks out whatever I'm saying because they think it's so unimportant and then interrupts to talk about themselves. That's fine. It's a bit rude, but whatever. I can accept that. I can also limit the contact I have with these people. Nothing is going to stop me from achieving my goals. If people are on board with me, that's great. I would love to have them join me in my quest for a healthy, happy life. If not, it's okay. But I'm not going to let them bring me down.

1 comment:

  1. especially concerning weight loss and exercising, i find most people who are uninterested or annoyed with the topic are those who are envious of your motivation and drive. probably those people who were wishing they were making a change in their life but aren't doing anything about it. keep it up, rose! it's their problem, not yours!

    ReplyDelete