Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Get Fired Up!

Today was the official start of my 90-day challenge with TurboFire and Shakeology. I actually started drinking my Shakeology a few days ago. I couldn't help myself - it looked too good to resist. Friends of mine who have been drinking it for a while have been posting awesome recipes, and I was dying to try some. I have the chocolate flavor, so I tried mixing it with water, ice, and a tablespoon of peanut butter and it's AWESOME! So freaking good! (For anyone who doesn't know what Shakeology is, you can check it out here.) Anyway, that part of the challenge - drink it daily - is going to be super easy for me because it tastes amazing.

The fitness part of the challenge is going to be a lot harder. TurboFire is craaaazy! Extreme cardio kickboxing set to fast-paced music? It's intense, but I made it through the whole workout without taking too many extra breaks, and I wore my weighted gloves the whole time. My shoulders and legs are really sore now, but it's the "yeah, I killed that workout" kind of sore. It's a good feeling.

I took my "before" pictures today right before my workout. That normally wouldn't have been a happy time since I hate having photographic proof of how overweight I am. The only thing that saved me from being totally ashamed is that I know I'm never going to look like this again. I'm actually excited to have these to compare to my 30-day pictures at the end of the month. I'll post the comparison pictures at the end of the month so everyone can see my progress. I'm hoping there will be a significant difference! But I don't think I need to worry, since TurboFire is going to be kicking my butt every day.

Oh, one other thing! Remember how I said I wanted to be under 200 lbs at the start of this challenge? I made it! I weighed in on Saturday at 198.4 lbs. Goal one: accomplished. On to goal two...get back down to pre-Calista weight (194 lbs) in the next two weeks. I think I can make that happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment