Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breaking Barriers & An Awkward Moment

In less than two weeks, I'll be hitting my 60 day mark with Turbo Fire. This is officially the longest I've ever made it with a workout program, Beachbody or not. The 30-45 day slump was hard to get through, but I pushed on with the help of my coach, the encouragement of my friends, and the accountability of my challenge group. Also, my steely determination to finish something didn't hurt. I've got my second wind now. I can feel a difference in all of my workouts - I'm just so much stronger than I was when I started! I remember that first month I had to keep pausing the DVD to catch my breath, and I don't need to do that anymore. I can finish every workout without taking extra breaks. Not that it's easy, by any means. I still feel like I've been hit by a train. Overall, though, I enjoy the pain. I feel like every aching muscle is a reward because it's taking me closer to my goals. I'm so ready to get through this next month! And I'm totally excited to post my 60 day comparison pictures. It's not going to be as painful to show them this time because I know there's such a huge improvement. No shame here! Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad I stuck around this long because it's going to be completely worth the struggle in the end.



Oh, and speaking of struggling...

Has anyone else had a totally awkward moment during a group workout? Like, so bad that you kinda wish that everyone else was struck with temporary blindness so they wouldn't notice what was happening? That happened to me tonight.

I'm cringing a little bit as I share this story, mostly because I'm pretty sure some of the other coaches who went to fit club tonight actually read my blog. But whatever. I promised to share my journey, and I will - every little detail, no matter how utterly embarrassing. As my coach Leti pointed out, I wrote about nearly crapping my pants in my last blog, so comparatively, I guess this isn't too bad.

So...here's my awkward moment.

We did Insanity's Plyometrics Cardio Circuit at fit club today. Insanity is no joke! I'm in decent shape nowadays, but I was having some problems keeping up. Part of the reason was that I was still recovering from last night's sculpt workout, but the main reason was that Insanity is INSANE! (Fitting name, right?) The other, smaller, very small reason, was that my underwear fell off. Yeah. That happened. We were doing jump squats, and SCHOOMP! There went the undies, down to my thighs.

I wasn't sure what to do at that point. I mean, I guess I could have run to the bathroom and fixed it. Now that I think about it, that would have been the smart thing to do. But my brain wasn't functioning at the time - maybe something to do with the lack of oxygen - and I figured I probably shouldn't even bother fixing 'em because they'd just come down again. So, there I was, doing jump squats and in 'n out abs and all the other crazy stuff that Shaun T demands, praying desperately that my pants would not come down too. Because THAT would be a complete disaster.

I'm sure you may have already guessed this, but it's hard to do squats and jumping jacks with confidence when your underwear is down around your thighs. That being said, my word of advice for the evening is this: If you're losing a lot of weight and have to participate in group activities, invest in some new undies. You never know when they're gonna fly off.




1 comment:

  1. way to go, rose! you look so great! i'm starting to lose motivation so please keep updating your blog! it is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete