Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TMI...? I'll Share Anyway!

Since yesterday's workout during nap time went so well, I was hoping to do the same thing this afternoon. I was so excited because everything was falling into place. Tori had eaten lunch and was hanging out while I finished feeding Calista her bottle, and the timing was going to be perfect for both kids to go to bed at the same time. Then a thunderstorm rolled through and knocked out the power. Luckily, neither one of my kids started freaking out about it. Tori thought the thunder was exciting ("it's 'citing, Mama!"), and we opened up the front door so we could watch the downpour. It rarely rains here, and I actually can't remember the last time Tori saw rain. She was thrilled. I was happy about it too because New Mexico is in a really terrible drought, and half the state is on fire right now. We need the rain! But even while I was celebrating the weather, I was also wondering when the power was coming back. It didn't turn back on until much later in the afternoon, and by then my window of opportunity had closed. I had to wait until after dinner to work out. No big loss, though. I got to spend some quality quiet time with the kids...no TV, no computer, no distractions. It was pretty nice.

(Me and Calista hanging out during the thunderstorm)


(Tori's look for the day)


Anyway...on to the part about my workout. (Disclaimer: this may be an overshare. Ok, it's definitely an overshare. Gonna do it anyway.)

I did Turbo Jam's cardio party again today. I love this workout! It's so much fun! I have it pretty much memorized, so I can turn Chalene (the trainer) down and turn the music up. Then I just rock out for an hour. I can't tell you how excited I am to start Turbo Fire next week. I've heard it's just like Turbo Jam, but more intense and with better music. Sounds like my soulmate workout to me!

So there I was, jamming to cardio party, when all of a sudden I got hit with a gas attack. I don't know what it is about squats and kicking combined with dancing, but it really brings out the worst in me. These weren't just delicate lady-like toots. They were a full-on symphony, and I couldn't stop. The farts kept on a-comin'. Finally I was laughing too hard to keep working out. I paused the DVD and collapsed next to Jon, who was staring at me like I had gone insane. 

Between gasps of laughter, I tried to explain what I thought was so funny. Obviously non-stop farting was the main part, but that's not all. See, when I'm on the treadmill at the gym, I have my headphones in and my music turned way up. And there have been several times (maybe slightly more than several) that I've just let some farts fly, thinking that they were silent. After tonight, I'm not so sure that my gym farts were silent. I'm afraid they might have been as loud - or louder - than what was happening at home. So the thought of me busting ass right next to someone and carrying on like nothing had happened was too much for me to handle...I almost passed out from laughing too hard. It IS a lesson, though. I should probably hold 'em in at the gym from now on.

And now that everyone is probably either laughing or totally disgusted with me (or both), I should wrap up this post and go take a shower. Before I go, I'll share my inspiration for the day.

If you're going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now. - Marie Osmond

Ain't that the truth! Oh, and in case you're wondering, I was able to finish my workout tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment