Want to have me as your Beachbody coach? Click here! It's free! There are all kinds of awesome tools to help you reach your fitness goals - even if you don't use Beachbody products!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day two of the rest of my life

The title of this post sounds super dramatic..."day two of the rest of my life"...yeah, definitely dramatic. But I feel dramatic, so I think it works.

The last week has been insane. I got home from spending a week at my parents' house with my kids. (Which was no picnic...try driving six hours each way with a 2-year old and a 2-month old. It's chaos.) I felt pretty discouraged. I had been working out and eating super healthy for the past month and a half, and I lost 8 lbs and was feeling excellent. Then I went on this trip and just sat around the whole time. I gained some of the weight back AND lost my motivation to get into my workouts again. Story of my life...start, stop, start, really stop, lose track, get discouraged, and give up, all the while feeling like a failure. Nice, right? Well, I'm done doing things that way. It isn't working. I have so many goals I want to accomplish, and they aren't going to be reached by chilling in my recliner watching the entire series of Dawson's Creek. (I don't even like Dawson's Creek. It's just there.)

Normally I would wallow in self-pity for a while before indulging in some pizza and ice cream, but something has changed. This isn't like every other time I've stopped in my weight loss journey. Something is telling me to try again because this time I can actually do it. So two days ago, I ordered my TurboFire/Shakeology challenge pack from the Beachbody website. I've tried a few different Beachbody workouts, and I liked them all (with the exception of the Yoga Booty Ballet - Baby on the Way...that one was really lame). I just never had the drive to finish any of them. I think TurboFire is going to be different, partly because I joined a challenge group that has daily accountability for workouts and nutrition. If I have motivation and encouragement every step of the way, maybe I won't feel so easily discouraged. 

But since even the challenge group might not be enough to keep me going, I also became a Beachbody coach. If I have people looking to me for inspiration, I think I'll be able to stay completely focused. Plus I think I'll be an awesome coach. I mean, I'm living the nightmare of being overweight and uncomfortable, and soon I hope to be living the dream of being fit and healthy...I can totally understand where other people are coming from. At this point I don't have anyone to coach, but it'll happen, and when it does, I'll totally kick ass at it.

I became a coach and fully embraced a healthy lifestyle yesterday. That's why today is "day two" of the rest of my life, instead of "day one". I'm going to be writing this blog to keep track of my progress and goals. I know this isn't going to be easy, but hey, if getting fit was easy, everyone would have a six-pack.

3 comments:

  1. yay rose! keep it up! i need to start a healthy eating blog. the fitness i have no trouble with - its just all that junk food that brings me down. i'm excited to see your progress. maybe you'll inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome. I'm struggling myself with school and work and not having time for fitness. But I'm almost done with school and can't wait to drop the 10lbs I've gained since I started and the 10lbs I still had to loose before that LOL lets just hope I can find my motivation

    ReplyDelete